The ESD Forum online is a university program. The focus is on Entrepreneurship for Sustainable Development. Students, professionals and internationally-interested senior people - basically everyone can apply to participate. Participants obtain the ESD Certificate. The ESD Certificate can be used for academic credit and professional purposes. The application process runs on a rolling basis.
Apply via Telegram to iuventum or by E-Mail to infoiuventum.org
Schedule | Concept [pdf]
|What is ESD?
Business, Economy and Sustainability
Society and Environment
ESD: What does it mean? [pdf] | What is Global Education? [pdf]
The ESD Forum online: What is it?
The ESD Forum online (Internet Sessions) is a university program on Economy, Society and Environment. Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) means education that enables people to foresee, face up to and solve the problems that threaten life on our planet, and that highlights the complexity and interdependence of three spheres, the environment, society and economy. (Source: UNESCO - United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization)
The ESD Forum was established in 2011, recognized by the Japan Council on the UN Decade of Education for Sustainable Development (ESD-J) and the German Commission for UNESCO - Secretariat, UN Decade of Education for Sustainable Development, and supported by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI), Japan, and the Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth (BMFSFJ), Germany.
What to get out of it?
- Global competence: Know more about the present and the foreseeable future of our world
- Entrepreneurship: Explore ESD issues with an economic and entrepreneurial perspective
- Leadership: Improve leadership skills for the future
- Take the ESD Certificate for academic and professional purposes
How to get involved?
- Eligibility: Students, professionals and internationally-interested senior people - basically everyone can apply to participate. Participants obtain the ESD Certificate, grading is based on written assignments as follows; A+: 90-100, A: 85-89, A-: 80-84, B+: 77-79, B: 73-76, B-: 70-72, C+: 67-69, C: 63-66, C-: 60-62, D+: 57-59, D: 53-56, D-: 50-52, E: -49%. The ESD Certificate can be used for academic credit and professional purposes.
- Language: English. To prove English proficiency, international applicants can supplement their application by submitting an official TOEFL score report via ETS. The ETS code of iuventum is 6407.
- Mode of Study: Correspondence education and self-paced study via Internet.
- Internet Sessions and Certificate: Participants are required to follow 5 Internet Sessions on (1) What is ESD?; (2) Leadership; (3) Entrepreneurship; (4) Business, Economy and Sustainability; (5) Society and Environment; and to submit 4 assignments. Submission and main correspondence is by e-mail. Usually participants can expect to receive their study guidelines by e-mail within 4 days after enrollment and to receive their ESD Certificate by mail within 4 weeks after final assignment completion.
- Enrollment: The total fee is €160 for enrollment in the ESD Forum Internet Sessions. 100% of the fee will be charged in case of cancellation. Application and fee transfer will be confirmed for enrollment.